Would you benefit from learning wisdom and guidance directly from a published author and her editor?
by Tracie Miles
Have you ever wished you could talk directly to a published author and a seasoned editor and get all your writing and publishing questions answered?
Years ago, when I had my first book idea, I wished for that opportunity every single day. I had a dream in my heart for getting my book published, not just to say I did it but because I truly believed God gave me a message to share that would encourage other women to live with joy and peace, and help their hearts heal from painful experiences. I longed for advice, wisdom and guidance from authors who had already been published so that I could improve on my craft of writing, write a strong book proposal and attract the attention of the publisher. So I know firsthand how frustrating it can be when it comes to writing and publishing and wanting to move forward with your dreams but feeling stuck.
How I wish I had been given the chance to be a part of a private online group to learn directly from an author and editor and ask them all the questions I was grappling with!
If you have a dream in your heart to write, as I did, and you know God has given you a message to share through words, then Direct Access: A Writers’ Book Club, hosted by COMPEL Training, is your chance!
Direct Access is not just any book club — it is a unique book club specifically for writers. In Direct Access studies, we don’t merely foster discussions about our featured book or the topic of the book. Instead, we offer an intensive study of how the author wrote the book and a behind-the-scenes look at the writing, editing and publishing process of a book from start to finish. In a private Facebook group, the author will assign weekly reading assignments from the selected book, and the author and editor will teach you about special techniques, tools and strategies they used to effectively communicate the message God had placed on the author’s heart.
Our next study begins on October 4, 2021, and runs through October 29, 2021. This study is featuring Felicia Harris, whose first book was released in September 2021: First in the Family: Biblical Truths for Cycle Breakers. Felicia and her editor, Jason Fikes from Leafwood Publishers, will share lots of behind-the-scenes secrets and strategies about writing, editing, publishing and even marketing a book.
Felicia and Jason will also help you learn:
- How to act on God’s call to write your story and the importance of being vulnerable and honest.
- Proven tips and strategies for how to practically manage the process of writing an entire manuscript.
- How Felicia utilized the “backward design” process to fine-tune her writing, which will help you think through how to set up chapters and outlines.
- Steps for creating a road map to writing individual chapters and an entire book by articulating visions and goals.
- How to focus on developing your voice as a writer, “hooking” readers and sharing marketing tips to grow your platform.
- Best practices for storytelling and incorporating some of the Bible’s most popular characters’ struggles into your own story and message.
- How to make sure each chapter has a takeaway for the reader and a distinct call to action for how a reader will implement the takeaway into their own life.
- An inside look at the editing process and tips on how to reach the heart of your reader, especially through the sharing of your own story.
- And so much more!
Each week in a private Facebook study group, you’ll receive teaching videos as well as assignments to read chapters of First in the Family, and we will all study the writing of the book together. You’ll also be able to participate in a Facebook live with Felicia herself! (Please note: A Facebook account is required for participation. Content will not be available anywhere else.)
Direct Access is free for members of COMPEL Training (pssst … open registration to join COMPEL begins October 4, too!) but the public is also invited to join in this amazing study for only $29.98. If you’re interested in taking advantage of this unique learning experience for writers, click below!!
We hope you’ll consider being a part of this amazing study about how a book gets written and published, from start to finish, and how to stay encouraged and inspired along the way! You will not be disappointed and will learn so much! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 18, 2023
November 22, 2022